Health Equity Learning Community
We have an ethical responsibility to follow through for infants and families.
We must learn to practice social medicine, not just technical medicine.
Health and well being are largely determined by race, ethnicity, income, immigration status, and local neighborhood. The effects are pronounced for infants in NICU care.
There is much that we can and must do to address the social determinants of health.
VON’s Health Equity Learning Community is dedicated to follow through to address the social determinants of health with the same energy and expertise that we devote to the technical aspects of care.
Health Equity at the Annual Quality Congress
Our “Color of Health” sessions from the 2019 Annual Quality Congress are available on the VON Improvement Library.
- The State of Our Network – The Next Challenge: Following Through, Jeffrey Horbar
- The Color of Law: How Our Government Segregated America, Richard Rothstein
- Healthcare Crisis for Mothers and Babies of Color, Elizabeth Howell
- Practical Interventions to Address Racial/Ethnic Inequity, Yolanda Ogbolu
- The Color of Health – Our Story, Natasha Beauchamp and Marquita Turner