Health Equity Learning Community
Social determinants of health are as (or more) important than what happens in the NICU for long-term well being of infants and families.
We must learn to practice social medicine, not just technical medicine.
We are responsible to follow through with the infants and families we serve. There is much that we can and must do to address the social determinants of health.
Participation in our Health Equity Learning Community is a benefit of VON membership.
We are looking forward to supporting education and action for health equity in 2020.
Health Equity at the Annual Quality Congress
Our “Color of Health” sessions from the 2019 Annual Quality Congress are available on the VON Improvement Library.
- The State of Our Network – The Next Challenge: Following Through, Jeffrey Horbar
- The Color of Law: How Our Government Segregated America, Richard Rothstein
- Healthcare Crisis for Mothers and Babies of Color, Elizabeth Howell
- Practical Interventions to Address Racial/Ethnic Inequity, Yolanda Ogbolu
- The Color of Health – Our Story, Natasha Beauchamp and Marquita Turner