Membership Levels and Fees
Join our worldwide community dedicated to our shared vision of giving every infant and family the best start to life.
Core and Quality Circle membership allows all staff at the member center to access VON tools, resources, and programs. Teams can also join NICQ, which is a two-year project-based enhanced Quality Circle membership.
We provide no-cost Basic Access to select programs and resources to support individual health care professionals who are not affiliated with a VON member center but are striving to provide the highest quality care for infants and families.
Core members contribute to databases and receive extensive reporting with regional and international benchmarks to target clinical practices and patient outcomes. Select a database below for details and learn about data submission and support on the Database and Reporting page.
Cost varies dependent on the database.
The annual fee for the Very Low Birth Weight Database is $6,700.
The annual fee for the Expanded Database (all NICU admissions) is based on number of hospital beds.
- Hospitals with fewer than 250 staffed beds: $6,700.
- Hospitals with 250-500 beds: $8,300.
- Children’s hospitals and hospitals with more than 500 beds: $9,900.
Group reporting and pricing is available.
Other features for Core Members include:
- Full Improvement Library except modules supporting Quality Circle curricula for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome and Antibiotic Stewardship for Newborns
- Complementary participation in Extremely Low Birth Weight Follow-Up database and events
- VON Community Forum
- Vermont Oxford Rady Children’s Genomic Network education and events
- Genomic Biorepository
Very Low Birth Weight Database
Extremely Low Birth Weight Follow-Up
Global Neonatal Database
Quality Improvement and Education - 3 Ways to Enroll Your Center
1. Education Subscription
Includes center-wide access to the Quality Improvement Foundations course and Responding to Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome course. The Education Subscription does not include any All Care is Brain Care QI collaborative content.
Annual fees for the education subscription are dependent on NICU level.
- Level 3 and Level 4 NICU: $1,500
- Level 2 NICU: $500
2. Quality Circle Membership
Includes the iNICQ “All Care is Brain Care” quality improvement collaborative, center-wide access to the Quality Improvement Foundations and Responding to Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome courses, and additional public recognition as a VON Quality Circle Member.
Annual fee: $7,500
3. NICQ collaborative
NICQ is an enhanced Quality Circle membership that includes all benefits and programs of the Quality Circle (iNICQ, online courses, etc.) and an intensive two-year QI collaborative with other centers and dedicated faculty.
The next NICQ enrollment period is for the 2025-2026 collaborative.
Quality Improvement and Education Programs and Services
Quality Improvement Foundations
Responding to Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Internet-based Newborn Improvement Collaborative for Quality (iNICQ)
All Care is Brain Care
This collaborative is a benefit of Quality Circle membership. Specific features of iNICQ include:
- Toolkits outlining key evidence, potentially better practices, and change ideas
- Community Forum and dedicated listserv to communicate with expert faculty and peers
- Live webinar series
- Spotlight modules to jumpstart improvement on specific topics
- Online classroom, including recorded webinars accessible any time for CE credit
- Education for QI fundamentals for entire interdisciplinary team
- Improvement stories from teams applying QI and Experience-Based Co-Design methodologies
- Support for peer-to-peer learning
- Faculty review of improvement posters
- VON Day Audits to provide baseline gap analysis and to track progress over time
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 credits for entire physician team
- CME, CNE for an unlimited number of team members
Newborn Improvement Collaborative for Quality (NICQ)
Two-year quality collaborative "All Care is Brain Care"
NICQ features and benefits include:
- All Quality Circle features, including iNICQ and QI Foundations Course
- Homeroom of 8-10 teams working on similar projects
- Homeroom-dedicated faculty teams
- Interactive electronic toolkit supporting evidence-based QI
- Data transparency and custom VON data reports
- Basic and advanced QI methods training
- Community Forum and dedicated listservs to facilitate discussion
- Onsite, in-person meetings
Cost: Core membership + $25,000
Basic Access supports improvement in newborn care through no-cost and publicly available resources for non-VON members, including:
- Health Equity and Follow Through resources and content
- VON Grand Rounds
- VON Database Summaries
- Community Forum for select topics
- Limited Improvement Library resources
- NICU by the Numbers data briefs
- Full Cochrane Neonatal reviews
- Index of peer-reviewed research from VON
- Subscription to Your VON newsletter