Global Health Neonatal Quality Improvement Database
A Database for All Neonatal Unit Admissions in Resource-Limited Settings
- Admission to a neonatal unit in a resource-limited setting
- Maternal history and treatments
- Infant demographics (gestational age, birth weight)
- Golden Hour interventions
- Major clinical diagnoses during admission to neonatal unit
- Status at discharge
- VON Connect Global Health Data Application, a free application for any Android mobile device, enables VON Global Health members to enter, edit, and submit patient records. Its features include:
- A patient log, with the ability to sort and filter records
- An easy-to-use interface for inputting patient data
- Extensive error checking of data, which provide immediate feedback on data quality and accuracy as data is being entered
- Multi-center support, with the ability to enter and submit data for multiple Vermont Oxford Network centers in the same database
- A Patient Data Form is also available to print to collect data on paper, although all data submission occurs through the VON Connect Global Health Data App.
VON reports and reporting tools help members identify opportunities to improve care for infants and families. Members can track performance over time to benchmark their practices and outcomes against previous years, subgroups of similar centers, and the network as a whole.
The confidential, customized reports document patient characteristics, treatment practices, morbidity, mortality, and length of stay at each center.
Reports show comprehensive and up-to-date information on patient demographics, outcomes, and interventions, including:
- Center, group, and network data
- Specific characteristics, outcomes, and procedures for individual infants
Data based on discharge dates, which means the information is as up-to-date as the last entry submitted by the center
How to Join
- Currently enrollment is limited. If you are interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org