Procedures, Interventions, and Outcomes Data Collected on All NICU Admissions
- Admission to a neonatal intensive care unit within 28 days of birth
- Death anywhere in the hospital within 28 days of birth
- Birth location, weight and head circumference, birth defects, maternal characteristics
- Delivery and initial resuscitation
- Respiratory care
- Mortality and neonatal morbidities
- Status at discharge including human milk feeding and respiratory support
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, seizures, therapeutic hypothermia, meconium aspiration
- Length of stay
- Free data collection and submission software, called eNICQ 6, provided as a benefit of membership. eNICQ 6 is a Windows application that uses the .NET framework and a SQL Server database. Its features include:
- A patient log, with the ability to sort and filter records
- An easy-to-use interface for inputting patient data
- Context-sensitive help, including data-item definitions and ranges embedded within the data entry forms
- Extensive error checking of data, which provide immediate feedback on data quality and accuracy as data is being entered
- The ability to import data files, allowing patient data to be extracted from another system and imported for error checking and submission
- Multi-center support, with the ability to enter and submit data for multiple Vermont Oxford Network centers in the same database
- Electronic data submission (EDS) via CSV or XML files uploaded through a secure HTTPS connection
- Centers with fewer than 250 staffed beds: $5,350 annually
- Centers with 250-500 beds: $6,650 annually
- Centers with 500+ beds, or children’s hospitals: $7,900 annually
How to Join
- Please check the Member Map to make sure your center is not already a member
- If not, please complete a membership application and submit by email to email@example.com or fax to 802.865.9613
- We will send you a membership agreement and an initial invoice when we receive your membership application.
- Please note that we require an actual signature (not a digital signature) on the membership agreement.
- After you sign the membership agreement, you may scan it and send it to us by email or fax.
- When we have the completed application, signed agreement, and initial payment, your membership is complete. You will receive a welcome packet with the name and contact information for your Account Manager.
Thank you for your interest in Vermont Oxford Network. We look forward to working with you.