COVID-19 is presenting society and hospitals with unprecedented challenges, risks, and disruptions. The impact on care for newborn infants and families is largely unknown.
As newborn care teams strive to provide the best care for infants and families during the COVID-19 outbreak, we must work together in open dialogue to put the latest data and evidence about this new disease into practice.
The resources on this page are designed to rapidly increase our understanding of the disease. Participation is open to all, regardless of VON membership.
VON SONPM COVID-19 Impact Audit
Webinar: COVID-19 in Newborn Care: Initial Lessons from the Pandemic
COVID-19 Registries and Clinical Resources
- AAP Section on Neonatal Perinatal Medicine (SONPM): National Registry for Surveillance and Epidemiology of Perinatal COVID-19 Infection
- Pregnancy Coronavirus Outcomes Registry (PRIORITY)
- European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC) EPICENTER (announcement)
- Infant Surveillance (UK and Republic of Ireland)
- Maternal Surveillance (UK and Republic of Ireland)
- Australian Neonatal CoVID-19 Study
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP):
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth review of COVID-19 clinical guidelines
- March of Dimes: Coronavirus Disease
- PERINATALCOVID19: A repository of shared resources for clinicians in neonatology
- National Perinatal Association and National Association of Neonatal Nurses Joint Position Statement
- COVID-19 Hospital Restrictions – Surveying Impact on Patient- and Family-Centered Care (Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care, UCSF California Preterm Birth Initiative, University of Washington School of Nursing)