2019 Annual Quality Congress
Kathy Leahy Scholarship for Nurses
In honor of our long-time colleague Kathy Leahy, we are honored to offer this scholarship to a neonatal nurse leading the way in quality improvement.
2019 Kathy Leahy Scholarship Recipient
Tricia Fanjoy, MSN, RN, CNE
Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Tricia is a clinical nurse educator in the Intensive Care Nursery at DHMC in Lebanon, NH. She has been in this role since 2015 and previously was a staff RN in this same department from 2002 to 2007. Tricia has always cared for the neonatal or pediatric population and is passionate about creating education that goes beyond the traditional “classroom” experience. She loves creating online and mobile education that can be done easily, is low in cost, big on impact and can be done anywhere.
Tricia is currently in school for her PhD in nursing education and will focus her research on the clinical experiences of first year nursing students and how the clinical instructor influences their overall experience in that first year.
- Registration to the Annual Quality Congress, Saturday, October 5 and Sunday October 6, 2019.
- Registration to the Collaborative Improvement Symposium, Friday, October 4, 2019.
- Cost of air travel
- Four nights hotel stay
- Registered nurse and/or advanced practice nurse from a VON member center.
- Demonstrated strong interested in improving the quality, safety, and value of care.
- Actively engaged in quality improvement projects and programs.
Interested applicants can self-nominate by submitting a one-page letter highlighting their expertise, experience, and examples of improvement efforts. Special consideration will be given to those who have mentored and motivated other staff in their center.
Please send application letter and current resume/CV to Nancy Cloutier (email@example.com). Submissions will be anonymously reviewed by a panel.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2019