2021 Annual Quality Congress
Case of the Year
Neonatal Advanced Practice Providers and Students Call for Participation and Submission Guidelines
Submit an abstract describing an intriguing, well-developed clinical case to challenge the critical thinking and diagnostic skills of your colleagues. The abstract should highlight one or more of the following:
- An atypical presentation or outcome of a common disease
- An unusual disease process or diagnostic challenge
- An ethical challenge
- A transport challenge
- A patient safety-related case
If your case is chosen, the abstract must then be developed into a presentation that can be conveyed in a mystery format (using short unfolding segments) in 30 minutes. Another 20 minutes will be allocated in the presentation for audience questions and discussion.
The primary author of the selected Case of the Year will receive complimentary registration to the 2021 and 2022 Annual Quality Congresses.
- The case presentation should follow a standard case report style, and be presented in a “mystery” format whenever possible.
- The abstract should be cogent, systematic, and must include a broad differential diagnosis.
- A discussion of the diagnostic dilemmas, treatment options, and clinical and/or ethical controversies is imperative.
- Additionally, the integration of evidence-based clinical care strategies should be emphasized.
- A review of the literature, evidenced by a targeted bibliography that includes related cases, is required for submission.
- Case must be de-identified (no names, medical record numbers, etc.) per HIPAA Guidelines (view here) or include a signed parental consent.
The case submissions will be blinded for peer review and selected by a panel of experts.
Submit your case via email: CaseoftheYear@vtoxford.org.
Please contact Phil Bieber with any questions on the application process: email@example.com. For other questions or coaching, contact Victoria.A.Flanagan@Hitchcock.org.
Submission Deadline: August 24, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: September 3, 2021