2019 Annual Quality Congress
Case of the Year Scholarship
Case of the Year Scholarship is awarded to one submission of an abstract describing an intriguing, well-developed clinical case to challenge the critical thinking and diagnostic skills of your colleagues. The abstract should highlight one or more of the following:
- An atypical presentation or outcome of a common disease
- An unusual disease process or diagnostic challenge
- An ethical challenge
- A transport challenge
- A patient safety-related case
- Attendance to the VON 2019 Annual Quality Congress and related events
- Opportunity to present the Case of the Year at the Improvement Science Expo
- Opportunity to present the Case of the Year at a breakout session during the Annual Quality Congress
Neonatal Advanced Practice Providers are eligible to submit a Case of the Year.
- The case presentation should follow a standard case report style, and be presented in a “mystery” format whenever possible.
- The abstract should be cogent, systematic, and must include a broad differential diagnosis.
- A discussion of the diagnostic dilemmas, treatment options, and clinical and/or ethical controversies is imperative.
- Additionally, the integration of evidence-based clinical care strategies should be emphasized.
- A review of the literature, evidenced by a targeted bibliography that includes related cases, is required for submission.
- Case must be de-identified (no names, medical record numbers, etc.) per HIPAA Guidelines (view HERE).