2019 Annual Quality Congress
AAP/VON Scholar Awards
AAP/VON Scholar Awards are awarded to five fellows and early career neonatologists in partnership with the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Neonatal Perinatal Medicine (SoNPM).
- Attendance to the VON 2019 Annual Quality Congress and related events, including the Jump Starting Quality workshop.
- Recognition as an AAP/VON Scholar for the fellow and sponsoring training program.
- Travel expense reimbursement (up to $1,250).
- Opportunity to present a poster at the Improvement Science Expo.
Applicants must be a member of the AAP SONPM Trainee and Early Career Neonatology (TECaN) group to qualify for this award.
Previous AAP/VON Scholars are not eligible to apply for the award; however, they are welcome and encouraged to attend the pre-conference and Annual Quality Congress and submit a poster for the Improvement Science Expo.
- Develop a one page (maximum) personal statement indicating your interest in quality improvement, long-term aspirations in this field, as well as why/how attending the VON Annual Quality Congress would be important to advance your training and career goals.
- Provide an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Complete a brief online application, including describing your role and lessons you learned in a recent quality improvement project.
Please contact Phil Bieber with any questions on the application process: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: June 3, 2019