Annual Quality Congress
We will not gather for the Annual Quality Congress in 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we determined it would not be responsible to convene our in-person annual meeting in 2020. Instead of holding the 2020 Annual Quality Congress, we are focusing on harnessing the energy of our community in new ways this year, including with new online interactive education and opportunities for dialogue among teams.
- New Learning and Discussion Opportunities: We are supporting ongoing dialogue in a new Community Forum and offering publicly-available, interactive webinars, including:
- Life to Come film and parent panel discussion, October 28, 2020
- AAP/VON Scholars webinar, November 4, 2020
- Optimizing ELBW Infant Follow-up During a Pandemic, November 12, 2020
- Health Equity in the Age of Covid, recorded August 6, 2020
- Improvement Science Virtual Expo: Join us to share your improvement with colleagues around the world and learn how leading VON centers are transforming newborn care for tomorrow by turning their data into action today. Share a poster or learn more about the online event.
- VON QI Programs: We are communicating directly with teams participating in VON improvement collaboratives and learning communities to optimize new opportunities of collaborating remotely. Log in to view details for events for iNICQ, NICQ, and the Vermont Oxford Rady Children’s Genomic Network
- Fellows and Early Career Neonatologists: Our important partnership with the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Neonatal Perinatal Medicine will continue to recognize future leaders with the AAP/VON Scholar Awards, including presentations of their quality improvement projects.
The network of hospitals and dedicated individuals that make up our worldwide improvement community continues to rigorously seek new knowledge and apply data-driven and evidence-based quality improvement in newborn care. The uncertainty of COVID-19 has made these challenges even more demanding and essential.
We will continue to innovate and work together to address the most pressing issues for infants and families worldwide. Our network is resilient because we learn, measure, share, and improve together.
Improvement Science Virtual Expo - Call for Posters
Join us to share your improvement with colleagues around the world and learn how leading VON centers are transforming newborn care for tomorrow by turning their data into action today.
Although we will not meet in person in 2020, we will host an interactive virtual expo. In the ePoster Gallery, the online audience can view all posters and search by customized fields like category/author/center name, take notes, rate posters, select favorites, and share with colleagues.
AAP/VON Scholar Awards
This award recognizes future leaders in quality improvement in partnership with the AAP Section on Neonatal Perinatal Medicine.
Join us with the 2020 AAP/VON Scholars to discuss keys to successful QI learning in fellowship and how to transition from fellowship to quality roles, including presentations from the scholars on their QI projects.
Webinar: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 3:00-4:30 p.m. (ET)
Community-Centered and Free of Commercial Bias
All VON community members have something to learn and experiences to share. An environment free of commercial bias and product endorsements will better advance knowledge and lead to deeper relationships among community members who are dedicated to improving care for the infants and families we are privileged to serve. The Annual Quality Congress is free of commercial support and VON does not accept industry sponsorship, displays, or product advertising.
We encourage you to listen and learn from each other, share your ideas, and bring new knowledge back to your local teams and communities
VON’s Annual Quality Congress represents the worldwide community of practice dedicated to improving the quality, safety, and value of care for newborn infants and their families. VON’s Annual Quality Congress faculty includes world leaders in neonatology, improvement science, and parent partners. Attend with your team and be inspired to innovate and accelerate improvement in your unit and beyond.
We encourage discussion and networking to learn about rapidly evolving science, technology, and evidence-based practices. Participants learn from peers and partner with families to transform data into actionable improvement.